Election Story

Many of our political science students and alumni participate in local political life as part of their extra-curricular activities. During this primary election season, Malori Musselman, PhD Candidate in Political Science worked together with undergraduate Political Science major Feruza Legass on Laurie Trieger’s successful campaign for County Commissioner for South Eugene. “Political science is more than an academic pursuit,” says Feruza, “it has a real impact on people’s lives.” Together they were able to contact over 6,000 constituents in Lane County and help Laurie to come in first in the primary election. “It feels great to do work that keeps me deeply connected with my community and my students,” says Malori, “I am excited to continue my work with them into┬áthe General Election!” The top two candidates from the primary will go to a run-off in November.

Photo: Malori Musselman, Campaign Manager; Feruza Legass, Intern; Kayleigh Peterman (PPPM Graduate), Field Organizer; and Laurie Trieger, Candidate for Lane County Commissioner.