a) Be a Political Science major with a 3.0 GPA overall and in the major
b) Have achieved Junior standing or have completed six courses in Political Science
*Your eligibility will be confirmed by the department prior to your authorization to register
IE3 Program Description
Credits & Formal Requirements
1. Students should have a well-developed plan of study with a clear objective that relates to their overall academic program. Formal requirements cannot include work from another course.
2. Generally, for each credit earned the student will need to read a book relevant to the internship.
2. To receive 4 political science credits, the student must complete the readings and write a 20-page paper.
3. For each credit above 4, add readings and 5 pages to the length of the paper.
4. The student is responsible for writing a well-researched paper with a bibliography. The paper should be thought of as an independent research project based in part on field-work. The IE3 paper should include the following:
• Background of organization (1-2 pages)
• Presentation and Analysis of the Internship Experience. This section should compromise the majority of the paper. Please describe in detail the type of work you performed as an intern.
• Evaluation of Internship Experience (1-2 pages).
• Appendix: Attach examples of any materials relevant to your internship. (This section does not count toward the 20-page minimum).