Academic & Career Advising
Undergraduates are strongly encouraged to meet regularly with an academic advisor to plan their program of study.
Tykeson College and Career Advising
Tykeson College and Career Advising is the academic and career advising destination for all students who:
- Have not yet declared a major
- Are declared majors and minors in Political Science
- Want to explore career options and opportunities
Tykeson academic and career advisors are available to:
- answer questions about UO and PS requirements
- develop course schedules for registration, including political science courses and requirements
- explore career interests and opportunities
- create a plan for graduation
Visit the Tykeson College and Career Advising webpage for information on advising appointments and resources. Students can call the Tykeson reception desk at 541-346-9200 or contact advisors via the Public Policy, Society, and Identity Flight Path email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PS Undergraduate Coordinator
Sandra Castro, Undergraduate Coordinator, is available to assist students with:
- General questions about the PS major, PS Career Paths, and PS minor
- Departmental stamp for Registrar forms such as late add/drop petitions, audit forms, and grading option/variable credits changes
- PS departmental forms such as incomplete grade contracts, exceptions, and override requests (enrollment, restriction, or prerequisite)
- Information on the PS Honors Program and Commencement
Contact Sandra at email@example.com
Peer Advising office hours are currently suspended, we hope to resume the program in Fall 2020.